Here are some ideas of what you can be working on at home:
- Work on memorizing your lines for the variety show.
- Complete the grammar exercises in folder.
- Work on submissions for the class magazine. (See ideas and links below)
- Prepare a poem you have memorized for recording during class and uploading to the blog.
- Encourage your son to write something for the blog and e-mail it to me.
- Update your son’s memorization chart. Work on memorizing the following (the flashcards at quizlet.com and the CD can help):
- Name the 8 parts of speech
- NOUN, PRONOUN, ADJECTIVE, VERB, ADVERB, CONJUNCTION, PREPOSITION, and INTERJECTION definitions
- Psalm 100, Psalm 23
- Celery, The Vulture, Singing Time, There Was an Old Person
- Jabberwocky (whole poem)
- The Ballad of Pecos Bill
Types of longer articles:
(historical, fictional, current)
- Nature report (polish up a page from your field journal–lots of ideas here)
(gardens, chickens, field journals)
- Class activities
(try some technical writing and advertising by creating magazine ad for a favorite game or puzzle; describe your favorite part of class each week)
- Travel article
(field trips–report from Ft. Buenaventura or Red Butte, local destinations, family outings, hikes, etc.)
- Short story
(fiction feature, something you wrote for one of the visual prompts)
- Book review/lists of genres
(review a favorite book, compile lists of all the boys’ favorites in different genres)
- Personal profile
(interview another class member, put together something like obituaries for live people 🙂