Here are some ideas of what you can be working on at home:
- Complete the grammar exercises in folder.
- On the back side of the grammar exercises, there is a nature/poetry writing challenge.
- Complete one field journal entry.
- Encourage your son to write something for the blog and e-mail it to me.
- Update your son’s memorization chart. Work on memorizing the following (the flashcards at quizlet.com and the CD can help):
- Name the 8 parts of speech
- NOUN, PRONOUN, ADJECTIVE, VERB, ADVERB, and CONJUNCTION definitions
- Psalm 100, Psalm 23
- Celery, The Vulture, Singing Time
- Jabberwocky (whole poem)
We will do a review game each week that includes grammar definitions, poetry, math facts, and other interesting things we encounter in nature and in the radio shows.
A mom of one of the boys in the class introduced me to this site–XtraMath–which has been invaluable in helping my kids quickly master the basic math facts. If your son is struggling to get these down, I’d encourage you to check it out. It’s about 10 minutes a day and totally mom-free!